Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Look out for Blogger Viruses!

The other day I was browsing through blogs just for fun. I just kept clicking "Next Blog" to view a few different types of blogs. WRONG THING TO DO!

The next thing I knew, I was stuck on a blog with a message window popped up in the center that said, "Here is my dream" with an OK button. No cancel button. The top of the screen said "Nothing is Precious".

My computer was completely locked up. I couldn't do ANYTHING. So, I clicked on the Start Button (thank God it worked...) and went to my Windows Explorer. I started deleting temporary internet files and cookies and so forth, because I wanted to stop this thing before it corrupted my computer. I mean, I have Norton Security, which includes Norton Antivirus, and I update it daily. I also have Ad-aware, which I also update daily. But, I always delete all my temporary internet files before I turn off the computer, just in case something is trying to sneak through.

Anyway, while I was deleting the temporary internet files, it LOCKED UP! The stupid internet message was blocking me all over the place. I was SO MAD!

Well, I disconnected the internet connection, and then shut down the computer. When it came back on, I finished deleting all the temporary files and history and cookies. Then I scanned the computer with Ad-aware and Norton Antivirus. Then, I rebooted my computer. This all took about an hour of my time. What a drag!

Thankfully, I didn't get any damage to my computer, but someone else might not be so lucky.

Just take my advice: Don't look at the blogs by clicking "Next Blog", or you'll end up landing on a bomb like I did.

No comments: