Monday, July 11, 2005

So Many Projects - So Little Time.....





Right now, I'm working on so many projects, I can't keep up with them! I'm knitting a baby set for a friend. She's expecting her first child, and I want to make something special for the occasion. I've had the yarn in my stash for about a year now. It was in a large box of old yarn that I bought on eBay. It's discontinued now, so I hope I have enough to finish the set! It's called Renee Baby Yarn, was made in France and sold at Sears. It's a very soft fingering yarn, and makes such a pretty lacy fabric. I got the pattern for the sweater in the Fall 2005 issue of Family Circle Easy Knitting. I found the pattern for the hat and booties on the internet! http://knitwits-heaven.tripod.com/baby_hat2.htm

Another knitting project I'm working on is a cotton sweater. The pattern I'm using is "Saguaro" in the Spring 2005 issue of "Knitter's" magazine. It's short-sleeved, cotton, and the directions include my size.....Alert the Media! I have the hardest time finding patterns that include plus-size instructions. I have changed the color pattern to match my wardrobe, so I'll probably get lots of wear out of this top. The yarn is so easy to work with - Aunt Lydia's Baby Denim. It was on sale at Walmart's last year, and I've been dying to find a pattern for it. I've got enough yarn to make 3 tops if I want!

No comments: