Wednesday, September 20, 2006

BEST Fudge Bar!


BEST Fudge Bar!
Originally uploaded by Unkoine.
When I was a young girl, my mom used to buy the BEST fudge bars. I could sit and eat them forever, because they were so yummy and fudgy and chocolatey. When I got older, I bought some fudge bars myself, expecting them to taste just as good. NONE of them tasted right. They were all too light in color, and just melted away too fast. I think they were made with chocolate ice cream instead of fudge. I was SO mad.

I looked for years and years, trying every brand of fudge bar I could find. They were all so disappointing. The box usually ended up in the trash can before they ran out, because they just tasted WRONG.

Well, tonight I saw a different brand of fudge bar, and looked at the box long and hard. I was very tempted, but was thinking, "They'll probably taste awful, and it will be a waste of money."

I brought them home, stuck them in the freezer and started dinner. A few hours later, I went to the kitchen for a glass of water. I opened the freezer to get some ice, and saw the fudge bars sitting there. I decided to try one, expecting to be let down.

I opened the wrapper, and my eyes popped open. DARK fudgy chocolate was peeking out at me from the wrapper! THIS looked like what I had as a little girl. I smelled it, and it smelled rich and chocolatey. By now, I was almost jumping up and down. I took a bite, then threw my arms up in the air for joy!

FINALLY!!!!! A REAL FUDGE BAR!!!

Thank you, Mayfield Dairy Farms!
http://www.mayfielddairy.com/products_icecream.html

4 comments:

Jan said...

I am your sock wars asassin! I tried emailing you at the address you gave Yarn Monkey, our supreeme commander, but they keep getting returned! No fair, but alas I will get you and you will die and early death in the sock wars! WaaaHaaaHaaa!!! (Evil Laugh!)
P.S.
I need an updated email addy please
Caffinna@brightok.net or lips_chicken@yahoo.com

Shandeh said...

Sorry....my comments were being moderated, and I didn't realize it was happening.

Becka said...

I'm so hungry for that fudge bar! Although, I must say, with this new way of eating right I am loving anything chocolate that I get my hands on...even though it is fake! LOL

mrsjojo said...

YUMMMMMY!! I hope that I can find these bars here in Alaska. Otherwise, I will wait until I go to Seattle in November to find them. There is nothing like the chocolate they used to make years ago.