Tuesday, October 30, 2012

"My" Hurricane is a Wicked Witch!

I really have no business writing a blog entry right now.  I should be asleep.
It's 3:30 AM, and I'm supposed to take my car to the shop at 7:30.
I guess I'll just take a nap before I go. :P

The reason I can't sleep is that I've been up watching the news online all about "Superstorm Sandy".
I feel a connection to this storm, because it's named after me.  But, whoa!  She is MUCH more wicked than I have ever been!

When I was a young girl, we watched the news about "Hurricane Ginger" (my sister's name), and I said, "I want a storm to be named after ME!"

Well, I finally got what I asked for 40 years later, and this storm is WAY MORE than I asked for!
Why couldn't "Hurricane Sandy" just be a normal little hurricane?  Why did it have to merge with all those other weather disaster ingredients to create a "Frankenstorm"?

Oh well....you get what you get in life.  My moniker has been claimed by a beast, and I just have to live with it.

So, I think I've seen enough news about the superstorm now.  I'm gonna hit the sack.  My little car needs an oil change, and the tire pressure needs to be checked too.  The tire light keeps coming on...and yesterday the  BRAKE light came on!!  What's up with all that?  Maybe my car heard about the storm, and is afraid of me now.  Wouldn't surprise me.

No comments: