Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Hysterectomy Time!

I called my doctor's office today to schedule my hysterectomy for the end of February, and told them that I would like to get the surgery as soon as I can, because I want to be recuperated in time to play organ for Easter! I would hate for the church to have to settle for a substitute during that holiday.

So....now my surgery is just one week away! My uterus will be removed on Valentine's Day. (Talk about a romance-killer!) But, at least it will be taken care of now and I can move on with my life.

The other option for surgery is the first of March, which is just too far away. I'm sure I would not be ready for organ-playing by Easter if I choose that date.

So, circumstances are dictating my life now. I'd better get cracking on knitting those socks! I'm almost finished with one pair of very thick socks with Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick yarn. They look just like Christmas stockings! I don't think I'll finish my wrap in time, but at least I'll have plenty of things to knit during my recuperation.

I'd better resort to sewing instead - it's faster. I'll make some pajamas and house dresses to wear while I'm healing. Those will be easy to make.

I'll miss playing the organ at church, I'm sure. The good thing is that when I go back, we'll be playing exciting Easter music!

Wish me luck.

No comments: