Thursday, November 02, 2006

Christening Gown Completed!

I just realized that I never posted any photos of the completed Christening Gown. Silly me!

I finished it about a month ago, and my cousin was thrilled with the final product. I'm certainly proud of it!

Here's the gown being modeled by my full-size baby doll. After putting it on the doll, I realized that the skirt is so lacy that it is a bit too revealing.
Christening Gown

So, I sewed in a lining of white satin:
Sewing in Lining for Christening Gown

It looks MUCH better now!
Christening Gown with Lining

Here are the pretty buttons on the back:
Buttons added to Christening Gown
This was my first attempt at buttonholes, and I'm very pleased with the result!

3 comments:

Becka said...

Sandy, it's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

can we get a copy of the pattern??

Shandeh said...

The pattern is online, but I changed the skirt to a much easier lace pattern. Also, the pattern online did not have the correct number of stitches at the skirt before their lace pattern began. (That's the reason I changed mine.)
Here is the original pattern:
http://www.geocities.com/jewedyknit/babydress.htm

And here is my lace pattern for the skirt:
Lace Wings Pattern
Row 1: Purl
Row 2: K1, K2 tog, YO, K1, YO, Slip Knit PSSO, K1
Row 3: Purl
Row 4: K2 tog, YO, K3, YO, Slip Knit PSSO
(Of course, in the round, you knit rows 1 and 3)
It's a 7 stitch multiple pattern from "The Complete Encyclopedia of Stitchery" by Mildred Graves Ryan on page 496. (That book is my Knitting "Bible"!)