Monday, December 12, 2005

Sick of Being Sick

Bummer. I thought for sure that I would be over my cold by now. I got sick on Tuesday, November 29th. Now, it's Monday, December 12th, and I'm still in a fog. I went to the doctor last Monday, and of course I had no fever on that day. So...no antibiotics were prescribed.

My fever has come and gone over the past two weeks, but it's never been that high. I just feel lousy is all. Sore throat, sneezing, coughing, tired all the time. It's a drag.

One good thing happened though. My new sewing machine came in the mail! I was so excited to finally get it. I spent the day watching the video and learning all the stitches. I finished sewing together all the preemie outfits for charity, and now I'm cutting out another maternity top for my step-daughter. It's nice to be able to sew again. My other sewing machine died, after giving me more than 20 years of service. It was a good one. I hope my new machine will last as long.

I wasn't able to teach piano lessons for the past two weeks, so my income for the month has been severely cut. No sick pay for piano teachers! Figures my income would be sliced in the month of December, when I really need the money for Christmas gifts for my kids. Oh well. We always make it somehow. The Lord always provides.

I've been knitting a lot, since I wasn't able to leave the house. I made some mittens and a hat for my youngest son. His favorite color is orange, and I found some appropriate yarn, along with some free knitting patterns on the internet. The set turned out very nice.

Now, I'm working on some more hats, scarves, mittens, socks, and afghans for the rest of my family. I guess it's gonna be a homemade Christmas this year, cause I don't see how I could possibly afford to buy gifts for anyone.

Oh well, at least I have the ability to make things! Thank God for that.

No comments: