Friday, November 18, 2005

Knitting for Charity


My knitting needles have been clicking every night, and the results are so cute! I've been making hats and booties for premature babies in Charlotte area hospitals. The Christmas sets are adorable!

I make these sets for an organization in Charlotte called "Charlotte Threads of Love". Here's their website: http://www.charlottethreadsoflove.org/

It has been so much fun to work on these items. I just wish I could be there at the hospital to see them on the little tiny babies. That would be so cool. Those little babies are too small for regular baby clothes, so all their items have to be made for them.

There are so many free patterns on the internet! I have spent as much time looking through all the patterns as I have spent knitting. The pattern surfing is so addictive. All you have to do is go to www.google.com and search for "free knitting pattern", and you'll find a treasure trove of patterns. Way cool.

Back to knitting....and pattern surfing. : )

No comments: