Friday, September 25, 2009

Stuck in Bed with a Bad Back

This week has been such a drag. Somehow, I hurt my back....can't figure out how.
Anyway.....I've been laying in bed on an ice pack for 6 days now, and the pain is just as bad. I have only been able to teach a couple piano lessons this week, so no money for me! :(

So, today I finally went to the doctor. Yeah, I know....it took me too long to make that decision. The appointment went fine, and the doctor gave me 3 prescriptions. Pain, Muscle Relaxer, and Steroid. I dropped off the prescriptions at the pharmacy, then picked up something to eat at KFC (chicken pot pie). I also got a cone of ice cream at a local ice cream shop, since I was a good girl, taking myself to the doctor. Ha! (Mint Chocolate Chip in a sugar cone - YUM!)

After picking up my prescriptions at the pharmacy, I drove straight home, and carried in everything. That was a lot of work, since my back was still hurting.

Ah...finally home. But I couldn't rest yet. Still had to figure out all these medications. Of course, none of them have the same time schedule. I went ahead and took the first dose, then carried the bottles down the hall to my bed. I then grabbed my little laptop computer, placed it on the bed, and settled myself in. After considering all the prescriptions, I decided to make an Excel spreadsheet to help me keep track of my dosage schedule. It took a few minutes to get it all sorted out. I color coded the spreadsheet, then marked the bottles using 3 different colored markers. When I finally finished that little task, I settled down for a LONG NAP.

After 8 hours of glorious, painless sleep, I was finally rested. I think it was the first time I've actually had a deep sleep in 10 days. Wonderful....sweet rest.

My back is still hurting, but not as bad as it was. Now, I'm waiting for my hubby to get home from work. He's bringing dinner from Captain D's. After I eat, I'll take another dose of medicine, and hit the sack again.

I have to play piano for a wedding tomorrow, so I'm going to get as much rest as I can now. I'll probably have to skip a dose of medication tomorrow, so I can make it through the service without falling asleep. Ha!

No comments: