Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Unintentional Cat Owner

For the past week, there has been a black cat continually greeting me at my driveway when I come home. He acts like I'm supposed to be his owner or something. "Fusses" at me for not letting him in the house. I speak to him, and say, "Listen, I'm not your owner, and I'm allergic to you anyway. Go home."

But, he has persisted. This morning at 5 AM, when my hubby was leaving, the cat was there. My hubby said, "Whose cat is that?" I replied, "I think it's ours now." Anyway, it was time for me to sleep, because I had been up knitting all night. So, I said goodbye to my hubby, turned off all the lights, and went to bed.

When I woke at about noon, I looked outside, and the cat was sitting on the steps, staring up at me. Unbelievable.I had my lunch, got dressed, then put my stuff in the car for piano lessons. Then, I heard a little "meow". I walked to the mailbox, and carried the mail to my car, and heard the "meow" again. I looked all around, and finally found the cat sitting on our ROOF! I looked up at him and said, "I don't know how you got up there, but I can't deal with you right now. Besides, you don't even live here!" And I left to go to teach piano lessons.

I got back home at about 7:30, and was promptly greeted by an irate cat. I very clearly said to him, "Listen you....you're not my cat!" He ignored me of course. So, I went in the house and put down all my stuff. The cat was staring at me through the door, meowing loudly. I figured that he must be hungry. So, I opened a can of tuna, put it in a small bowl, and carried it outside, placing it on the edge of the driveway. The cat POUNCED on it, and quickly devoured it all. Poor thing. I wonder where he came from?

Anyway, I walked outside after a while, and rinsed out the bowl. Then just stood there, looking around the neighborhood, looking to see if anyone would come and claim this cat. No such luck. The cat is VERY friendly, and was rubbing up against my legs, stretching up to touch my hands occasionally. I didn't pet him, because I'm allergic, you know.

I looked online, and didn't find any mention of a lost black and white cat in my area. He's really a gorgeous cat. Tall and regal looking. Shiny black fur, white face and neck and paws. Pretty. He still has claws too, so he can protect himself outside. (I noticed the claws when he stretched up my leg.)

I wonder where he came from?

2 comments:

Quilt Works said...

Cute story! I wonder what will happen next? I think he will adopt you :-) Post a photo, he sounds very pretty!

Shandeh said...

Gosh I don't know! Funny thing....I haven't seen hide nor hair of that cat since the day I fed him. Either he is a VERY picky eater, or he finally found his way home.

I hope it's the latter. :)