Thursday, October 27, 2005

My Halloween Concert is This Weekend!


I've been busy practicing and practicing. I'm almost ready for our annual Halloween Music Concert at church. I started it last year, performing several "dark" piano and organ pieces for Halloween. I also invited a guest organist, Dr. Richard Peak, to perform Bach's "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor". It was lots of fun, and very successful. So, this year I'm doing it again.

I'll be starting off the concert with several fun pieces like themes from "The Munsters" and "The Addams Family" and "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone". Then, we'll be dancing to "The Monster Mash". We also have a skit prepared with "Dracula" and our church's pastor having a conversation about blood.

After that, we'll be taking an offering. Half of the offering will go to Hurricane Katrina and Rita relief funds. The other half will be used by the church in our building fund. Our church is over 50 years old, and is in great need of repair.

After the offering is taken, we will continue the concert with more serious works, interspersed with true stories of Christian martyrs. It's amazing the suffering these martyrs had to endure for their faith. We take our faith for granted these days, not realizing how difficult it was in the foundation of our church. This musical tribute is our way of recognizing them for All Saints Day.

I'm looking forward to the concert. My fingers are ready!

If you want to come, the concert will be taking place at Memorial United Methodist Church in Charlotte, NC. The address is 4012 Central Avenue.

No comments: