Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Craft Room is Officially Being Used!


I've done a lot over the past few days, getting everything moved in and organized in my new craft room. It is so nice to finally have a place for all of my craft stuff to be kept and used. I'm in heaven. I bought a new pair of reading glasses to help in seeing my close needlework, and also purchased a magnifying glass that clips to my table for really close work.

All of my yarn is stored and organized. Some of my old yarn is ready to leave the house via eBay or Goodwill. Christmas crafts are ready to be worked on, so I started making a felt stocking a couple nights ago. It's almost finished now. I hope to finish 9 felt stockings, along with some other items that I can sell at our church's Christmas Craft Show in the fall.

Sewing fabric and patterns are in boxes, embroidery and needlepoint kits are sorted and ready to go. Fiber is ready to spin, and the spinning wheel is sitting on top of the shelving, ready to come down and whirl. Knitting projects are in separate baskets, ready to be grabbed and worked on. Craft Books are arranged and in good shape. I can sit in my rocking chair and look around at all the projects, deciding which one to make next. It's fantastic!

It sure is nice to have a craft room now. (I can't stop saying that.) I'm so proud of all the work I've done. Sure, it would be nice to have a new sewing machine or serger, but my old stuff is just fine. And it would be nice to have a new floor, but I can live with this old carpet a few more years. I'm still as happy as a frog with his own pond.

Marvin teases me about it now, saying, "Are you gonna go hide in your craft room again?" or "What did you accomplish in the craft world today?"

I can't wait to tease him when I finish getting his hobby room set up. (My next project after Christmas....tee hee!)

No comments: