Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I REFUSE TO FELT!

I must be a knitting purist or something, but I have no desire to FELT any of my knitting. I mean, you have to knit a HUGE item, and then it shrinks down to a little tiny thing that doesn't even show any of your stitches. I mean, you can't PROVE you did any of it! And, why would I want to make something that looks like the felt sheets I can buy at a craft store? I just don't get it.

Anyway, enough of my blabbering. I'm still learning new things as I knit each night. I started knitting about 2 years ago, and so far I've accomplished scarves, hats, dishcloths, baby booties, bookmarks, headbands, a baby sweater, and socks. (I'm most proud of the socks - those were so COOL to make!) Here's a photo of my first pair of socks, and another shot that shows my feet snuggling inside of them.















Now, my dream is to learn to make cables and do fair isle designs. I will learn to do those things - it is a definite goal.

No comments: