Friday, September 16, 2005

Painting is Done! Yee Ha!


Incredible! After 5 days of intensive labor (most of the time, except for teaching days), my paint job for the craft room is COMPLETE. I can't believe it.

There is only one small painting task left - touching up the ceiling with flat white paint. I'll have to look for that in the closet in the blue room. UGH! That is the room which is PACKED with junk right now. Luckily, the closet is near the entry door.

Also, I think I might want to buy some new covers for the light switches and power outlets. The silver chrome covers just don't look "crafty" enough for my taste. Hey - time for a trip to Lowe's and Home Depot! I always go to both of them to compare the prices and selection. That way, I know I'm getting the best choice. I need to buy new doorknobs anyway - the old ones were beat up, so I just kept them on while I painted. Now they have cream paint all over them. lol.

This has been an exhausting week for me. I got so hot and sweaty working in that room. I had closed the air conditioning duct and opened the windows to keep it well-ventilated. (Even then, my allergies acted up. But, I am beginning to understand now that my allergies will ALWAYS act up, regardless of the precautions I take.) Every time I had to go anywhere, I had to take another shower. I think I had more showers in this one week than I did so far this year! I'm due for another one right now. Whew! : P

The peach and pink look good together, and the cream trim looks nice with it. Once the curtains have been purchased and hung, the room should be a dream. I wanted to vacuum tonight, but the vacuum cleaner is on the blink. Will ONE MORE THING break in my house - PLEASE?! Maybe I can borrow my Mom's. She'll jump at the chance to get my house clean. lol

After the vacuuming is done, I'll be able to move the furniture out from the center of the room, then get everything set up the way I want. Hopefully, the room will be ready for full-force crafting by tomorrow! I think I'm gonna cry......tears of JOY!

No comments: