Monday, September 26, 2005

Rainy Day Tea Party for One!


Today is a rainy day. "Rainy Days and Mondays Always Get Me Down", as Karen Carpenter used to sing. : (

But, I'm making the most of it today. Mondays are my day off each week, and I try to relax as much as possible. Today, I truly accomplished it, having slept until 1:30. It was a nice sleep - you know how it is when the weather is bad outside, and you're tucked under the covers. Blissful.

After taking my thyroid medicine, and signing on to eBay, I put on a kettle for tea. Then, I stepped outside to check the mail. Behold, new teabags! I had won a couple sample pack auctions on eBay, and they had arrived! Yippee!

So, needless to say, I decided to try the new teas. I made one cup of each. Osmanthus Exotica Tea and Yamamotoyama Ginger - both from the Stash Tea Company. They were excellent. The Exotica tea is a black tea with a very fresh taste, almost like Taiwan green tea. The Ginger tea is a hot and spicy green tea. Very nice way to start the day.

I took the photo on my computer desk in our bedroom. The first photo I took would not show the color of the teas, so I put one of my new craft room drapes underneath them. Now, you can easily see the black and green tea colors. By the way, the drapes are beautiful hanging in my craft room. I won 3 sets, and I only have 2 windows. So, I am going to use the leftover drape fabric to make seat cushions for my rocking chair and computer seat. It should be nice.

No comments: