Monday, September 19, 2005

Wow! My Craft Room is Almost Finished!

After one week of concentrated effort, I am beginning to see my craft room come together. Yes! All the paint fumes have affected me in a bad way. Now I have a very bad cold, or a sinus infection. I'm constantly sneezing and blowing my nose, my eyes are always tearing, and the roof of my mouth is itching. I also have a sore throat. Bummer.

But, one good thing is MY CRAFT ROOM IS ALMOST DONE! I'm ecstatic. I feel like a little girl on Christmas morning. I spent most of yesterday moving furniture into place. Marvin decided to make the new room his abode for the afternoon and watched a football game in MY Craft Room. (lol) I didn't mind really - it was nice to have him in there with me. He kept saying, "You did a great job in here. It's hard to believe that just a week ago, it looked completely different. You should put this makeover on HGTV." He's so sweet. I really love him. The photos above are from yesterday's progress.

Today, after church, I came home and collapsed in bed until 4:00. My respiratory ailment took me down for a while. After my nap and dinner with Marvin, we finished moving in the rest of the craft room furniture and I started searching all over the house for all my craft stuff. Magazines, books, bags of yarn, knitting projects, embroidery projects, sewing projects, sewing patterns, fabric, embroidery floss, needlework stands and hoops, spinning wheel, fiber for spinning, and various other craft items all began to pile up in the middle of the room. At the end of the night, Marvin looked in the room and said, "Where are you gonna put all this stuff?" (I think he was disappointed to see a mess in there already.) I said, "Don't worry. I have a plan in my head. I just have to get my hands and arms and legs to make it happen."

I haven't taken pictures of the chaos in there right now. I don't want to remember it. :P I'll take another picture when it's all done! Oh! By the way, I won the auction for the pretty floral swags on eBay. Yippee! I think I'll make shades to go under them myself - that can be my first new project in the craft room.

No comments: