Tuesday, September 13, 2005

A Woman's Perogative (Did I Spell That Right?)



So, here I am, sneezing up a storm. There's no question now - I'm allergic to paint. (Good thing I'm not an artist!) I was up until 4:45 last night painting my craft room. I made an executive decision, since I'm the only one involved in this project. I decided to paint the top half of the room peach, and the bottom half pink. If it looks crappy, I can always add a wallpaper border or a chair rail. It's a woman's perogative to change her mind. : P

I did all the peach painting last night. The paint first went on the wall with a long handled roller. Some parts of the room were too narrow for me to use the long handle, so I had to take the roller off the handle about 8 times. (Inevitably, I made a couple marks on the ceiling that I'll have to correct later.) I had to put on 2 coats to get it thick enough to look right. When that was all done, I still needed to paint the top edge all around the room. Once again, I climbed the ladder over and over again as I dragged it by 2 foot increments.

I'm so relieved that it's done. Another good thing is that I don't have to paint the ceiling. It looks allright as it is....ugly popcorn texture and all. That stuff is a real pain to paint, so I'm glad it's usable. There are just a few spots that need to be touched up, thanks to my errant peach paint, so that won't be too bad.

Today, the church staff is having a Spanish lunch, hosted by the Latino mission's pastor. So, I'll be leaving in about 10 minutes to go to that. It will be a nice break. When that's over, I'll come back home and crash for a little while before I have to teach piano lessons. I only have 3 students tonight, so it won't be too exhausting.

I may or may not paint the pink on tonight. It depends on how I feel...... ACHOO!!

No comments: